Diagnostic & Treatment Imaging in Fayetteville & Angier, NC
If you're searching for a trustworthy place to get radiology services, Valley Radiology can help. It's our mission to offer cost-effective, safe, and clear diagnostic and treatment imaging to patients of all ages in our area. Our team of radiologists are experts in their field and work in our clinics, as well as in healthcare facilities, across southeastern NC. We offer a wide variety of imaging services, from interventional radiology to diagnostic ultrasounds, in Fayetteville, Angier and beyond in NC.
Ultrasounds involve using high-frequency sound waves to produce pictures of the inside of the body. An ultrasound can be used to evaluate many organ systems, including blood vessels, maternal and fetal well-being, without the use of radiation. Ultrasound exams do not use ionizing radiation (X-ray) and can help diagnose a variety of conditions and assess organ damage following an illness. If a patient is experiencing pain, swelling or infection, an ultrasound can help physicians determine a diagnosis.
Common Types of Ultrasound Procedures
At Valley Radiology, we offer a wide range of ultrasound imaging procedures, including:
- Carotid Ultrasound Imaging - This ultrasound is a painless and harmless test that uses high-frequency sound waves to create pictures of the insides of the carotid arteries.
- Ultrasound- Musculoskeletal - This is an injury assessment technique that uses sound waves to create images of painful or injured soft tissues in the extremities.
- Ultrasound - Obstetric - An obstetric ultrasound involves the application of medical ultrasonography to obstetrics, in which sonography is used to visualize the embryo or fetus in its mother's uterus (womb).
- Ultrasound - Pelvis - An abdominal ultrasound is a body scan of the abdomen, in which sound waves make up a picture of the organs inside the abdomen.
- Ultrasound - Vascular - This is a non-invasive, painless test that uses high-frequency sound waves to capture images of blood vessels, including arteries and veins.
- Ultrasound - Venous (Extremities) - This procedure provides pictures of the veins throughout the body.
- Ultrasound of the Prostate - This is a diagnostic test used to detect potential problems with a man's prostate. The ultrasound test uses very high frequency sound waves that are passed through the body to show a pattern of reflected sound waves, or echoes, and outline of the prostate. This test can show whether the prostate is enlarged, and whether an abnormal growth that might be cancer is present.
- Ultrasound of the Scrotum - This ultrasound produces a picture of the testicles and scrotum and can show the long, tightly coiled tube that lies behind each testicle and collects sperm and the tube that connects the testicles to the prostate gland.
- Ultrasound of the Thyroid Gland - This is an imaging test to check the thyroid gland and parathyroid glands. A thyroid ultrasound can help measure the size and shape of the thyroid gland, however it cannot tell how well the thyroid gland is working.
Schedule an Ultrasound Appointment Today!
You can easily make an appointment for an ultrasound in Angier, Fayetteville or a surrounding area by calling us today at Valley Regional Imaging (919)323-2209, Interventional Clinic (910) 486-5700, Valley Radiology Angier (919) 331-2001 or submitting a contact form to get more information about our services.
Valley Radiology provides reliable and advanced radiology services, including ultrasounds, to patients in Bladen, Columbus, Cumberland, Harnett and southern Wake County, as well as surrounding counties in southeastern NC.-