MRI Imaging in Fayetteville, NC & Beyond
For 50 years, patients across southeastern NC have trusted their radiology needs to Valley Radiology. Not only do we have a history of exceptional patient care, but we are known for being on the leading edge of radiology, using new research, technology and machinery to give our patients more efficient and affordable services. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is one procedure that allows us to offer thorough imaging for diagnostic purposes.
A MRI uses a large circular magnet and radio waves to generate signals from atoms in the body. The MRI provides detailed pictures that are highly valuable for the diagnosis of a range of pathologic conditions, such as musculoskeletal disorders and vascular disease. MRI allows physicians to evaluate some body structures that may not be as visible with other imaging methods, giving a unique and clear view to our radiologists.
We Examine the Brain, Spine, & More
Valley Radiology is proud to offer MRI scans in Fayetteville and Angier at our clinics, as well as in hospitals, imaging centers and urgent care clinics in the surrounding areas. Our MRI scan can offer unique imaging for many parts of the body, including the:
- Brain - An MRI procedure that measures brain activity by detecting associated changes in blood flow. The primary form of fMRI uses the blood-oxygen-level-dependent (BOLD) contrast.
- Blood Vessels - Magnetic Resonance in Angiography (MRA) is a group of techniques based on MRI to image blood vessels. Magnetic resonance angiography is used to generate images of the arteries in order to evaluate them for stenosis (abnormal narrowing), occlusion or aneurysms. MRA is often used to evaluate the arteries of the neck and brain, the thoracic and abdominal aorta, the renal arteries, and the legs.
- Entire Body - Imaging of the body is performed to evaluate organs of the chest, abdomen and pelvic organs.
- Heart - A medical imaging technology for the non-invasive assessment of the function and structure of the cardiovascular system.
- Chest - An imaging test that uses powerful magnets and radio waves to create pictures of the chest, or thoracic area. It does not use radiation X-rays.
- Head - A test that uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to take pictures of the head.
- Musculoskeletal - This involves imaging evaluation of bones, joints, muscles, tendons, and ligamentous structures of the body.
- Prostate - This test gives clear and detailed pictures of the prostate and the structures around it.
- Spine - A test that uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to create pictures of the spine.
- Breast - A detailed diagnostic tool used along with mammography to detect abnormalities.
Schedule Your MRI Today
If you are in need of an MRI, Valley Radiology can help you get the thorough and reliable diagnostic imaging you need. To schedule an appointment with one of our radiologists simply call our office at Valley Regional Imaging (910) 323-2209 or Valley Radiology Angier (919) 331-2001 or contact us online.
Valley Radiology offers comprehensive radiology services, including MRI scans, to patients in Bladen, Columbus, Cumberland, Harnett and southern Wake County, as well as surrounding counties in southeastern NC.