We are here for our patients and look forward to seeing you soon!
COVID19 UPDATE: February 1, 2021
The safety of our patients and staff continues to be our highest priority. Valley Radiology is taking every precaution to provide care to our patients and staff in a COVID safe manner.
Patient Safety You Can Expect at Valley Radiology:
We understand you may have questions and concerns about your safety and want to give you peace of mind so you know what to expect before and during your appointment.
Valley Radiology will follow the following safety protocols at each location:
Pre-screening for COVID symptoms in advance of patient appointments.
- Symptom screening at the time of check-in including touchless temperature checks.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their cars before appointments.
- Social Distancing markers for waiting room seating indicating adequate spacing during your visit.
- Providers, patient-facing employees, and patients and guests will wear masks.
- Please plan to wear a face mask upon your arrival.
- Learn how to properly don and doff facial protection here.
- Hand hygiene stations are posted throughout the facility for patient and employee use.
Protocols to Keep You Safe and Healthy
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place in preparation to keep you COVID-safe.
- Appropriately spaced appointment slots allowing for time to clean before and after each patient.
- Unless preapproved or medically necessary visitors are asked to wait in their car or an area outside the waiting room (this includes children under the age of 18 years).
Valley Radiology Patient Screening Protocol
- Have you been tested for COVID-19?
- If yes, what were your results?
- What was the date of the test?
AND/OR IF YOU
- Had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient in the past 14 days - OR/AND YOU HAD ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS IN THE LAST 14 DAYS
- Fever, sore throat, muscle aches, shaking, chills, new or unexplained headache, new cough or shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea
- If yes, please return to your car and reschedule your appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Which locations are currently open?
Both the Vascular & Interventional Clinic and Angier Imaging Center are open and operating on a regular schedule.
Are you performing screening exams and elective procedures?
Yes, we are performing all screening exams and elective and emergent procedures.
What are you doing to protect patients and the community from COVID-19?
- In alignment with the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), patients are being screened for COVID-19 at the time of scheduling AND prior to entering our offices. A dedicated staff member is greeting all patients and visitors at the door and administering screening prior to entry at each one of our sites.
- We are asking accompanying visitors that are non-caregivers to wait in their vehicles.
- We are disinfecting check-in areas in between every patient. Office supplies such as pens and clipboards are cleaned after each use. Office furniture, entry doors, are being disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- We have designated seating in our waiting rooms to allow for improved social distancing between each patient.
- Exam and procedure rooms are thoroughly sanitized after each patient with extra measures in place for optimal sterilization.
What exams are currently available?
All exams and procedures are available at this time.
NC Department of Health and Human Services
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention